If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen this post go of its head! I painted my concrete a couple of months ago and even though I was worried about how it would look in the end, I think the photos speak for themselves…. it’s amazing!
If you can paint a wall, you can paint your concrete. I did all of this with my 16 year old son. It was soooo easy.
The product is from U-coat and I chose the ‘French Grey Flake Kit’.
It’s simple to apply. Make sure you read the instructions in your kit though.
It needed a really good clean and I used a high pressure hose and the cleaning agent that came with the kit.
5 STEPS to paint your concrete
- Clean it
- One coat of paint (don’t be shy about getting it on there, because the first coat always sinks in fast!).
- Second coat of paint (easier to go on).
- Throw in the vinyl flakes for the terrazzo look while the second coat is still wet.
- Seal it.
TIP – Work in sections ie. paint a section, throw in the flakes, paint another section, throw in the flakes – so you aren’t walking on wet paint or backing yourself in to a corner.
- Is it slippery? I would say “not overly, but be cautious”. Newer and smoother concrete will be more slippery than older and rougher concrete.
- Can I use around a pool? Because of the above, I would probably say no. Aesthetically yes, but I’d be worried it could be slippery. ALL paints around a pool are slippery no matter what you use.
- Does is chip? Nope! I’ve had it down for about 3 months now and not one thing has changed. It still looks new.
- Can you high pressure hose clean it afterwards? Yes!
- Can you use on pavers? Yes.
- Can you use in a garage? Yes, absolutely. It was originally designed for garage floors.
Use code “KATRINA” at the checkout to get $40 off your kit.
I’m so happy with the results. What else can I paint now? Ha!