Are you feeling a little crafty? Some people really love to go all out with their table decorating at Christmas time. I am in awe of how clever they are! I am pretty casual, but I do love drooling over some of these gorgeous Christmas styling ideas. I think simple is better, but with a little bit of magic here and there.
Start with the basics…
- A plate and a bowl – if you have simple white ones then great, if not, pop to Kmart and grab a couple of matching sets. They are $2 each! Black would be dramatic.
- Think about a place mat. Use a music sheet, draw your own, use a rattan one. See below.
- Use rosemary – always use some rosemary! A little sprig wrapped in twine will do the trick.
- Think about a centrepiece. Maybe a big vase of cheap ALDI flowers, or something native from your garden. Or find a bushy park where you might be able to grab some gum leaves to drape around the table.
- Buy cheap candles, and pre-melt them for that authentic feel. They look great grouped together in a big bunch.
Check out these ideas below…
I love the music sheets as placemats!
I could totally do this one. How easy. All you really need is a roll of brown paper, a texta and a little creativity.
Another easy table setting with butchers paper, a white texta and a sprig of rosemary.
I love this styling with the rustic pots, greys, whites and little geometric shapes.
You could pull this look off with a few Kmart goodies! The black plates, copper cutlery and a bit of rosemary to top it off.
Here’s an Aussie theme for you. Grab some gum leaves to use as a feature.
I love how there are no rules at all. It’s usually just a case of layering things up, but make sure you leave space on the table for all the yummy food!!!